Dragon Puppet progress

Iridan the Dragon Puppet is coming along nicely. Here you can see the scales I've made using my acetate method complemeting the jewel beetle wing casings.
The head has been carved from polystyrene then covered in a mulberry paper mache whch gives a good strong shell. The Head is animated by placing your hand inside to make the mouth work, your arm will be up his neck and the body supported by your lap or possibly with a carry strap for walking around, working all that out is the interesting bit.

He's incredibly light in weight which is a big advantage if you're going to be operating it for any length of time :)

I've started a puppet board on pinterest for inspiration, interesting stuff :) If you'd like to follow along join me here.